nv3500 to 4l80e swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was originally going to go with a t56 But there are more 4l80e's to be had around here for far cheaper, so here's my question(s)
I'm swapping a 5.3 or 4.8 into my 95, and wanting to go with a 4l80e. What do I need.
Trans, TC, lines, cooler, shifter (cheapest floor shifter that will work) and shorten my drive shaft.
Already know my slip yoke will work. Am I missing any thing?
Can the 4.8/5.3 pcm be tuned to control the trans?
Do I need any new plugs, or connectors?
Any idea what shifter will work?
Thanks

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Easiest way to control the 4l80e would be a standalone controller like usshift (used to be optishift) or similar.

Just plug it in and go. No figuring out wiring, plugs or segment swaps in a pcm. Fully user programmable and it even allows you to use paddleshifters if you want.

I've even toyed with using it to control my 4l80e in my 6.5 diesel and that is oem setup to be run from the pcm.

It'll cost you a bit though, around 500 bucks.

Your 5.3 can then be controlled however you like.

I'll chuck in my diesel bit here and saw screw the 5.3, drop in a duramax and rule the streets! :rofl:

You'll need a different transmission than the 4l80e though, can't take the torque...at least, not for long.....

:)

Last edited:

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited: