not sure if this is where i should post but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alc5m

Reaction score
So i need ball joints and a half shaft

I can get moog parts for a slight discount thru my brother so that what i plan on doing, but im wondering about shop costs

I have a 96 hoe k1500

i believe i have the stamped contorl arm (so its the smaller of the two types i believe for the lower ball joints), and i know the uppers are riveted in

The half shaft im curious about because car quest asked if i had abs on all four wheels or just 2, and advanced just asked on wheel lugs

carquest also said cv shaft, is that the same as a haflshaft?

so aside from the parts, what seems to be a good price for a shop to do this work, myself and my father dont have the time nor patience to deal with the pressed in ball joints, so it would make sense to have someone else do it

just wondering what the possible labor cost will be for this

oh, and the halfshaft is driver side front

thanks in advance

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cv shaft and halfshaft are the same things. I don't think abs really matters but the number of lugs would play a role althought if you have a 1/2ton it should automatically be a 6 lug. As far as shop prices I can't help you with that since I usually do as much of the work as possible on my truck myself.

alc5m

Reaction score
well it is 6 lug, at advanced they asked if it was 6 or 8

and i would like to do the work myself to save on costs but 1st, we havent had good luck on doing front end work to this truck, lots of issues arise in doing the work (most likely cause im inexperienced in that stuff, but its also just a *****)

and 2nd, ive been driving like this for a good period of time now, and im to the point where id just like to get it done, and i dont have the time to do ball joints for sure anytime soon

but thanks for clearing up the cv shaft thing for me