"NOIDS" Necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I gutted my cats ONLY because my distributor drive gear stripped out and filled my cats with raw fuel resulting in plugging them.
I cut 'em out, beat the Piss out if them and then welded them up.

This is only temporary until I have the coin to buy some new ones.

FWIW I have no odor, gained HP & get an extra 40 miles to the tank.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
It's just a better idea to have them for so many reasons. Unless you're going full race there isn't one advantage to leaving them off other than weight. Per above post, I don't think you'd get better mileage as they aren't very restrictive, but maybe in his case it's true.
The advantage is you won't have to search for a shop that will remove them if you can find one and you don't have to mess around trying to install something to fool the computer.
Should you need to, choose to or have to sell it you won't have to put cats back on it to do so as they are required and even if the purchaser doesn't notice at the time of the sale he will surely try to get you to pay for them when he finds out they are missing. Not that he'd win but depending on the person it could get ugly. Finally, If you took it to any dealer to try to trade it in you'd take a big hit if they'd take it at all.
Your truck, your choice, save the penny I've already paid.

Last edited:

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i have a shop that will do it and flash the computer deleting the rear O2's... the mechanic is just on vacay so just waiting until then. I think its worth a try if nothing else ill put high flow cats back in. Its only money, you can always make more.