"NOIDS" Necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having the catback installed next week and was going to have them remove the cats while it was in the air. My good buddy says that i will have to install "noids" to prevent an engine light coming on and the truck running in base setting. He says that you have 4 O2 sensors...the ones from catback are going to think something is wrong when they dont see the right "clean" signal from the sensor. I have NEVER heard of noids before so im completley stumped. I thought i could just tap into the new pipe and install the O2's and BAM done deal.

Thoughts????

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes, you have sensors behind the cat to make sure the cats are working. You will either have to tune them out or get fakers.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Shops around here wont take the cats out. Some wont work on your truck if you have taken the cats out already.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm guessing we do. Not sure why exactly but shops are stand off ish (3 words???) when it comes to working around them.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
1) It's illegal as hell to remove the catalytic converters, USA or Canada.
2) O2 simulators are illegal as hell in USA or Canada.
3) Leave them alone, anyone who breathes air will thank you and not have to urge to choke the hell out of you at a stop sign due to your foul smelling exhaust.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Thanks tips... heres a quarter

I thought it was a penny for your thoughts?
-Or maybe-
Give me your two cents?

No matter what, you over paid Vigh_J !!!!!!!!!