No power to map, reading or dome 1998 SLT K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom M

Reaction score
ok guy's, been thru the wringer with this one. all fuses good, dome override checks ok w/ footwell lights, cargo light comes on.
No lights at door panels, door locks,(either side) (window switch led's, light up both sides) map, reading or main dome.
New door jamb switches work and timer turns off courtesy under dash lights with doors closed.

Only other device on the truck other than these, that does not operate are the power lumbar seat features. The switch will operate one way (to inflate, but not the other way) I can hear something start but that is it.
All overhead lights were operating a few weeks ago, then out.

I have done led reto, new driver power window/door lock switch, new ignition switch, multi switch, tumbler and keys, stop lamp switch, door lock relay, blower resistor and I am so ready to put all back together, All components are connected, except drivers side puddle light, mirror remote, small speaker above window switch, and 4WD selector.

....Only issue remaining after led retro, blower resistor, door lock switch, jamb switches,.. is no map, dome or reading lights, overhead, door panel lights and led in door lock switch. (Power window led lights up). All lights were working before I had to enlarge the light bulb hole below the door lock switch with a small dremel....Other than that, perhaps being the the cause, does anyone know what I am missing?......:893karatesmiley-thu

Thanks !!!

Last edited: