no oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to the guy who said something about oil pick up screen clogging, could that happen after doing the head gaskets?
after i did mine, i started getting a bad tap, and no oil pressure, unless im driving, then it goes up a little, light says check gauges, i mean i adjusted the valves with the covers off, and it wasnt really throwing oil everywhere, i know the oil seems kinda thick, from the moly grease i guess, think its worth sea foaming it?
not sure of that my case on the 4.8 motor was sludge build up from lack of changes of oil,plus when truck was bought i was told the motor was bad so i just took a shot at trying what i did to see if pressure would come up

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to the guy who said something about oil pick up screen clogging, could that happen after doing the head gaskets?
after i did mine, i started getting a bad tap, and no oil pressure, unless im driving, then it goes up a little, light says check gauges, i mean i adjusted the valves with the covers off, and it wasnt really throwing oil everywhere, i know the oil seems kinda thick, from the moly grease i guess, think its worth sea foaming it?

Have you changed the oil since then? Moly grease can plug an oil filter pretty quickly.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, i just stopped driving it, been sitting a month or so now, figured i needed a new engine, and was broke after tearing it apart and putting back together
you thinkn its worth a try to sea foam it, then change oil?
everyone else just said bearing clearence, or oil pump is bad, but its weird that that happens right after i put it all back together i thought

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the oil with some cheap stuff and a new filter. I would be willing to bet that the filter is plugged if you used Moly based assembly lube. You've got nothing to lose except twenty bucks on fresh oil and a filter.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that was my first thought originally, becuase i over filled it then had to drain some and noticed how dark and thicker it was
probally is 10w 40 too i think
will attempt this weekend with 5w 30, maybe some sea foam

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the valve covers off, i get some oil, more when i rev it
doesnt seem like i get much if any on the first one
tap kinda goess away when i rev it, and oil pressure goes up a little
but the truck almost sounds like a diesle

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trying the sea foam first, ran a few minutes
then changed oil and filter
added a little more
still had to rev engine to get oil pressure, sound like noise was going away, and then it came back, ran about 10 minutes, still sounds real rough, little to no oil pressure unless reving, maybe its just done, sounds like a jack hammer or something, cant be good