No brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Aguayo

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Chevy k1500 and the brake lights went out except the third light still works. I have checked bulbs, fuses, and wires. Power does get to the lights. I got pulled over and i have a limited time to fix this and i dont know what is.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have power at the light socket, then you have a ground issue or a connection issue with the bulb.
I lost all rear lights and ended up being the connector from the frame to bed had come loose enough to break connection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Does the hazards and blinker work back there? What's it do when you push on the brake pedal and blinker at the same time? I believe the voltage to burn the the tail lights is through the turn/hazard switch because when braking and blinking the whole light shuts off and on.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had the same problem when i took of my hitch.check the ground to the frame under the back of the bed.there is a plug that the tail lights connect to.there should be a ground there unbolt it clean the area with a wire brush re-ground it.