No air flow out of the vents and no mode actuator option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goducks124

Reaction score
Problem: No air flow out of the vents
Vehicle: 89 Cheyenne, 2wd, 305, no a/c and manual vent/floor/defrost sliding lever control

I am only getting air flow on the floor and defrost so I went looking for the mode actuator on the drivers side by the gas pedal, my research led me to believe this was the correct one for that feature. To my surprise I don't see a mode actuator and instead just some manual linkage and gears. I tried to video the linkage in action while I slide the manual selector back and forth from vent-floor-defrost. Looks like the linkage is all connected and there is an obvious "slip" in the larger gear which looks like that is housed inside the floor vent box. What am I looking at here for next steps for repair?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sorry didn't know how to embed the videos but if you highlight and right click you should be able to "go to". I'll try to figure it out going forward.