Newbie here... Showing my new to me truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boweed

Reaction score
Just bought this from my father, he bought it when it was only 5 years old and really only used it for towing a camp trailer. It now only has 53k miles on it with a 7.4.

New to this site but not new to driving old Chevys and turning wrenches. I am an old school Machinist turned un-educated Tooling Engineer

My short list for the truck.

Got rid of the shell since the pics were taken

Level it

New tires

Tint windows

Paint the faded grill

Paint the stock wheels and maybe put chrome centers on

It will sit most the time as the plan is to use it for pulling a fifth wheel camp trailer

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought this from my father, he bought it when it was only 5 years old and really only used it for towing a camp trailer. It now only has 53k miles on it with a 7.4.

New to this site but not new to driving old Chevys and turning wrenches. I am an old school Machinist turned un-educated Tooling Engineer

My short list for the truck.

Got rid of the shell since the pics were taken

Level it

New tires

Tint windows

Paint the faded grill

Paint the stock wheels and maybe put chrome centers on

It will sit most the time as the plan is to use it for pulling a fifth wheel camp trailer

Some collector or classic car auction house would have this thing listed for like $15k I bet. Damn nice truck, welcome to the Forum!

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, never would have thunk. My Dad wanted just under book.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This post was for one that was "restored" and low miles, they were asking $31k and that was before the car market went all crazy recently.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wow-does-this-make-ours-worth-more.47630/page-3
The original eBay listing is gone but you can see how everyone was reacting to it lol.
I think if they had your truck they'd "restore" it (slap a bunch of layers of clear coat and armor all on everything) and list it for way too much $.

Honestly KBB can't really give you an accurate value for something that old, with that low of miles, because the price should be pretty far outside KBB's "price range" with that low of miles.

Boweed

Reaction score
Ha... Thanks for the info. Like I said above I am not going crazy with this thing I'm going to use it, but not much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boweed

Reaction score
Found some twins to my truck, not sure if I want to stay with the black centers or go chrome.

Lets hear some opinions:
A- Chrome centers with a bare AL bed tool box
B- Black centers and a black bed tool box

Not sure if I want to get rid of the bed liner/insert. I hate that **** slides all over and the potential for rust under it. I look the other day and the bed still looks really nice with hardly any scratches, maybe just a rubber mat?

Last edited: