Newbe from stone cold Norway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Gas about $6.86/gallon
Diesel about $5.90/gallon
I guess the imperial system is good when you're used to it though :)

I grew up with the Imperial system. Last couple years of school was when the country began the transition to Metric. The measurements meant nothing to me. I had nothing to relate them to.
So I'm always converting in my head between the two in order to give the measurement or distance some relevance to the way I think. Inch, foot, yard, ounce, pound, ton etc.
Anyways, I live very close to the Canada/U.S. border.
Really close. It's 800' away.
But it's about 5km's either way to the actual recognized legal crossings.
U.S. fuels are cheaper by a fair bit.
Up here, @ $1.15/ltr., a 90 liter tank & I'm looking at $100.00 to fill up.
So...when I fill up there, the fuel I've bought is measured as U.S. gallons & I'll have to convert that to Imperial gallons. Then convert U.S. dollars to Canadian dollars, followed by the division to get the cost per Imperial gallons in Canadian bucks. That's a total I understand. How much I spent & how much I'm saving per tank.
Now to see what I've saved, as compared to the advertised price per liter being sold here at the pumps, U.S. gallons are converted into liters & then divided by the already Canadian converted U.S. money that I spent!
Yeesh!
And all those teachers said that the Metric System would make things easy.
And all I ever got out of all their teachings is that;
1 kilo =2.2 lbs.
10 meters = 39'.
Other than that? Well...
It was like I was listening to Charlie Brown's teacher!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cato Vik

Reaction score
Hahaha, well, if I could have your gas prices I would like to convert to the imperial syst. any moment :) I.ve been driving yankee cars since I got my driving licens 29 years ago, and I love the V8 rumble. But as you can see the gas price is ''a bit'' high over here to have a V8 gas engine as a daily driver. I do have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as a daily driver but it got a mercedes diesel in it. For Now I'm happy as a dog with my K2500 6.5 td. (it got V8 rumble through the 4'' diamond eye exhaust :) ) I got a GMC Typhoon (clone) with a lot of forged parts in the engine, methanol injection ++++ way to much time and money in to it :)
I've done a few bunkering of ships in US, and I have to admit that I'm strugling to keep up with the bunker guys during sounding of the barges done by ''ullage'' in ft. and inches :) I love your country, no wonder you're proud of it.

Diminus

Reaction score
I pay like $1.36 a litre for diesel for my 12 valve cummins the burban gets gas at a lovely rate of $1.31 a litre. God I love northern isolated community's up here in Canada lol I got 2 block heaters wired up in the cummins runs 0w40 full synthetic in winter but once it goes below -40 celsius it's just as well to take a tiger torch to the block lol there's nights I had to be in on night shifts that called for severe cold. I just used to keep going out every hour and firing it up and setting idle to 1250-1300 for a bit. Get her to creep up on temp guage n head back into work. Forman used to remind me some nights to go start up my fossil he used to say lol

Diminus

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
the ol "fossil" coworkers can laugh all they want my 96 cummins and 98 burban are payed for. Lol I hate car payments!