newb to a tahoe gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessezipper

Reaction score
ok, so I just got this Tahoe and ive gotta do a few little things to it to get it running. its got a 3/4 ton rear axle, different trans and t case, not sure yet of the model but th400 is coming to mind.. any ways I want to lift it and was pricing a 6 inch rcx and 2 inch body lift will run me about 1300 shipped to my door. I have some fab skills, andi know people who can do it if I cant , I was also considering the sas with the dana 44. I seen fabworx fit for 600. has anyone used or is familiar with bigredchevy.coms sas kit? its cheaper but is it quality?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Theres lots of guys here who can Help with the SAS, but if your going to do that skit the RCX and just go 2 inch body with 3/4 ton rear leafs and a shackle flit so much more solid and cheaper. Or you could buy the RCX and use the rear kit and sell the front kit to me, and do the SAS

AlNelson

Reaction score
ok, so I just got this Tahoe and ive gotta do a few little things to it to get it running. its got a 3/4 ton rear axle, different trans and t case, not sure yet of the model but th400 is coming to mind.. any ways I want to lift it and was pricing a 6 inch rcx and 2 inch body lift will run me about 1300 shipped to my door. I have some fab skills, andi know people who can do it if I cant , I was also considering the sas with the dana 44. I seen fabworx fit for 600. has anyone used or is familiar with bigredchevy.coms sas kit? its cheaper but is it quality?

What do you mean "3/4 ton rear axle"? Is it still 6 lug? How many bolts hold the differential cover on?

Different trans and t-case= If it has a turbo 400, instead of the 700r4 or 4l60e that came in it, then you lost overdrive. T-case is probably a DSD 241 if it has a floor shifter, if its electronic i believe its a 246(?)

If you go sas, i recommend Kert as DIY4x fpr the SAS kit. If you need any pictures of the kit let me know. I have one installed on my burb. I also used his shackle flip in the back. Ive got his dif covers as well as a bunch of other stuff and most everything for my K5 was from him. He builds top notch parts at very decent prices. He was a square body guy but is getting into the GMT400 platform as of recently.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What do you mean "3/4 ton rear axle"? Is it still 6 lug? How many bolts hold the differential cover on?

Different trans and t-case= If it has a turbo 400, instead of the 700r4 or 4l60e that came in it, then you lost overdrive. T-case is probably a DSD 241 if it has a floor shifter, if its electronic i believe its a 246(?)

If you go sas, i recommend Kert as DIY4x fpr the SAS kit. If you need any pictures of the kit let me know. I have one installed on my burb. I also used his shackle flip in the back. Ive got his dif covers as well as a bunch of other stuff and most everything for my K5 was from him. He builds top notch parts at very decent prices. He was a square body guy but is getting into the GMT400 platform as of recently.

Yep its a 14 bolt SF still six lug