newb to a tahoe gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
exactly theres nothing wrong with them screw this guy lol

as long as you add extra plating on top of the lift pucks they are okay, without them its just a matter of time before they punch through, especially on club cabs

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got my brackets off a guy on gmfs. i can give you his info if you pm me. mine is almost done. hangers with stock 52s and diy4x zero rate front and rear with wfo shackle flip rear too. 14sf6 lug out back and hpd44 front 6 lug.

jessezipper

Reaction score
hey guys, just got back from japan, ill get pics up this weekend, its kinda sad looking as it needs a lot of tlc.. ill get more info on the rear axle and trans as well... im leaning more towards a sas to do away with the body lift, and to be able to go have some fun n not be a mall crawler lol

jessezipper

Reaction score
so im looking for axles on craigslist, found a late 70s ford f250 d44 housing and gears, and alate 70s d44 out of a ramcharger 6 lug.. if I understand right , jeep and chevy d44 are interchangeable.. so if I got the ford d44 cant I take my ifs outters and assemble them on the ford d44 housing? or do I get the ford d44 housing and get the dodge d44 and put the outters on the ford housing???

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
For the 6 lug swap I thought you put the Chevy 44 style 6 lug outters on the ford 44 housing. But I could be wrong. I'm 8 lug so I just left the stock ford 44 alone

jessezipper

Reaction score
well I crawled under it today...... I do not have a 14 bolt rear end ,I have a 10 bolt..... and a manual shift 231c transfer case.. forgot to check what trans I have,ill check tomorrow.