Newb here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93-2dr-on20s

Reaction score
any plans of dropping/lifting it??

Gonna need new tires and suspension work anyways, so I am thinking about doing a 3/4 drop. I want to see what size tires I would need to run if I do drop it. I don't want to go to a really low profile tire. I like my tires with a little sidewall to 'em. I played around with the idea of a lift too, but I think the 2 doors look better lowered.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
get you a tape measure and measure down 3 inches from your fender.. i figure you wont have to get much smaller tires... if at all

93-2dr-on20s

Reaction score
The front bumper is clearanced for the tires I'm running now at stock height. If I drop, I'm sure I'll have to go smaller, or clearance the bumper more.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
from the pictures, it looks like its already been leveled... i would put a tape to it before ordering a kit.. you might need like a 3/3 drop instead of 3/4

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm yeah like i said i thought of both the cowel and bug gaurd but i wasnt sure. for a bolt on cowel it sure looks good to me!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man, would you be able to take some pics of that grill insert? I am looking at alternatives to buying one lol.

93-2dr-on20s

Reaction score
Hey man, would you be able to take some pics of that grill insert? I am looking at alternatives to buying one lol.
I'll snap a few tomorrow. I work in a custom metal fab shop, so I made a template, took a piece of perforated Stainless Steel and cut it to fit. I was contemplating doing a brushed finish on it, but ended up just powdercoating it black. I made up some clips that hook onto the back of the factory grille and I ran 6 screws through the perf into the clips. I had to cut out the raised section where the GMC emblem is supposed to go. The maltese cross is a laser cut piece of 3/16" mirror polished stainless. I shot 4 studs into the back of it and bolted it on through the grille. Edit- Found a pic on my comp
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see some pics, and if I like it, would you be willing to cut one up and ship it to me? I'd pay to have it done.