new wheels/tires vs. new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rims would be nice but the tires probably suck. That's a really good deal though. Just remember, when it's time to replace those tires it's going to be more expensive because of the 18 inch wheel.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
18 inch wheels may be too large, but the range of Goodyear Wrangler tires are all around phenomenal. I've had the Wrangler RT/S, and Wrangler Authority and have been very happy. My next tires will be Wrangler Duratracs

Reaction score
a lot of the reviews for those tires say they suck, and i did do price comparison 16inch rim vs 18inch rim bfg all terrains, 16in rim just under 1000, 18in rim bfg's are close to 300 dollars more.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I like the first wheel you show. Also have you considered General Grabber AT2's. I read a lot of good reviews about them and they are very good priced on tirerack even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dura trac. R great tires run on my company truck got 58000 miles and r pretty quiet have to run 50 miles to take crown off then not squirmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I like the first and second ones you showed. Both would look good on your truck.

But no, the new wheel style will not look bad on the GMT400's. Unless you think mine look bad, so maybe this will help give you a reference point

Here's mine. These are off a 2010 Silverado or Tahoe z71

You must be registered for see images attach

These look sweet! I'm not a Goodyear fan. If I had OP's truck I would look In to cooper sst tires.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
These look sweet! I'm not a Goodyear fan. If I had OP's truck I would look In to cooper sst tires.

Yeah I've absolutely loved this wheel/tire set. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the Bridgestone tires, especially in the snow