new wheels/tires vs. new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am in the market for some new tires and I don't really want to debate my choice for replacement tires(BFG All terrains), but i suppose i am open to suggestions, I just feel the bfg at is a good all around tire, my almost bald bfg's now do pretty good in the snow and have decent tread life. but my main question to you guys is for almost the same price i have found several new take off wheel/tire set ups on craigslist but i am worried the newer style wheels will not look good with older body style truck(1995). So here we go, some pictures.......

This truck
You must be registered for see images attach

with these wheels/tires

or these wheels

with i think these tires

OR just these tires with my beat up factory wheels

Thanks for your opinions!

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the second wheel looks better than the first, neither are my first pick for factory wheels but better looking than the factory 400 wheels.

cochino12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think all of the NBS wheels look good on these truck as long as they are 17" and smaller. As far as tires, I love the BFG's that's all we ran for years on our plow trucks. That being said I did put some Toyo ATII's on my personal truck this winter and they are pretty damn good too and were about $80 tire cheaper.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
the second wheels look the best and the hankooks are a really good tire they have a 60k mile warentee

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I like all the GMT800 wheels on these trucks out of all the newer wheels, especially the Z71 Tahoes.

I second the Toyos. Got about 2k on mine. Best tires I've ever had as far as smoothness on the highway and in the rain.

Sent from the Green Mile

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I like the first and second ones you showed. Both would look good on your truck.

But no, the new wheel style will not look bad on the GMT400's. Unless you think mine look bad, so maybe this will help give you a reference point

Here's mine. These are off a 2010 Silverado or Tahoe z71

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's up to you man. I think takeoffs look good but I'd find a set with good tires. The dynapros(first pic) have bad tread life and are horrible in snow. My brother has those on his jeep. And the other ones look like straight road tires. As far as the bfg's, those are great tires. Over the summer my dad bought a set of goodyear wrangler duratrac's for his truck and they are the best all around tire we have ever used. They tend to make a little road noise and don't offer as good of gas millage on the road but are awesome in the snow or. Other sloppy weather. He has about 20,000 miles on them and they still look new. That is the only tire I'll ever buy to replace the bfg's.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The second pic of tires on first set of wheels you show look like hankook atm's/rf10, best dang tire I've ran.

Newer wheels look good imo

Source Unknown

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I vote wrangler tires over those Hankook's but of the two rims I think the first one's look better, though I like both rims.

Search eBay a bit and see what they have.