New Tunes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlton

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the old original speakers were worn and dirty. New Kenwoods sound good! And I changed out both driver door handles!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!!!! Good deal i love kenwoods. Been my fav stereo for years. Last one i installed in my 1994 silverado when the truck was brand new. It was a detachable face cassette with 10 disc changer under the drivers seat. It died 3 years ago. Worked great until then.

I just installed a new kenwood in my trusty 1994 silverado a couple months ago. In dash CD, detachable face, mp3, memory stick functions along w i heart radio and backlighting color change features. I hope i get 20 years out of this one too.

Charlton

Reaction score
This is actually my first Kenwood. I've always bought Pioneer. Decided to give Kenwood a try this time. So far I'm loving it. Easy to use. I figured out how to pair my iPhone with it without even usin the manual. I also bought the 4x6 Kenwoods to go in the back panels. May do that today. I also have two 10" Fosgate subs and amp I'm gonna put in but I need to get another box. The box I have was for my 2009 crew cab I used to have.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. I'm assuming you have much tighter and lower bass with those new speaks.

With the better door speakers, I'm just wondering if the original tweeters are still operational,or whether you replaced those as well, or perhaps just disconnected them.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran into problems with mixing mopar production speakers and aftermarket ones. Not sure about GM though.

Typically all aftermarket speakers are 4 ohms impedance. If the GM factory ones are more impedance than 4 ohms the stereo is out of balance.

Mopar used 8 ohm speakers. Infinity units had amps in the stereo, and also had additional amps piggy backed onto the speakers. To swap in aftermarket ones you had to swap out ALL the stock ones. And find the 2 power in wires to run the speakers off the stereo amps, and cap off the speakers power n ground on speaker amp wires.

If you tried to mix and match the 8 ohm and 4 ohm speakers, you would have to crank up the volume and the 4 ohm would be blasting and the 8 ohm would only be sounding at half volume.

4 ohm aftermarket speakers are great. More efficient they require less power to move them. I would always recommend them because of their effiency even a stock stereos internal amp will last longer.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
i have always used kenwood or alpine and have never been disappointed.

i'm actually thinking about the same headunit for my pickup.

Charlton

Reaction score
I left the tweeter in the arm rest area connected. Seems ok. It is a 4 ohm as well.

This head unit was $109 on Amazon. Awesome bang for the buck!

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood that I had in my Burb I had a amps running off the front speakers and rear 6X9 speakers then I had a old school Fosgate amp pushing a MTX 6000 speaker it sounded good now on my 1993 GMC I'm running a Alpine I bought from another member here it has done me right.