New Transmission Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1-2 is usually okay. But all the other shifts it falls on its face in between them. There's a lot of hesitation in between them. The harder you take off the worse it is. I don't know what you mean by flare?

Say I take off from a red light hard, 1-2 is halfway okay, 2-3 and the rest of them it will rev to a certain rpm and keep revving but the truck doesn't really pick up that much speed until it hits a certain point and then it will shift semi hard and take off.

It's kind of hard to explain. I might try and get a video or something. I'm taking it tomorrow to get the new switch and a sticker. We're gonna ask then about the hesitation between shifts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a little reading! I've read some people have trouble with the vacuum modulator? Could that w causing it maybe? Or the shift solenoids perhaps?

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No... there isn't a modulator, but it does sound like it isn't having a good pressure rise. If you have a pressure gauge, its easy to see. Screw it into the line pressure tap and see if as you accelerate the pressure rises. The Pressure Control Solenoid controls this. That's what I would change.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well tired if messing with it so its time to get rid of her.. Thanks for the help though guys!

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
haha tired of messing with her!! usually when you swap in a new tranny I think it has to relearn your driving so it can Adjust shifts and power. if they had the battery unhooked all that time the fuel trims could be reset and make the truck dive like a v6. go and let the shop know that it doesn't feel right and see if they want you to just drive it for a week or so. how many miles have you put on it so far? take a tech from the shop on a ride and show him/her what its doing so they can have an understanding of what you are feeling. that is my best advise to you. hope this helps.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've out almost 400 miles on it so far. Is there a way I can reset it? It's still flaring but not horribly bad unless I get on it.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
something doesn't seem quite right there. did you take it back over to the shop and talk to someone about it?

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet. I haven't had time. It flares unless I drive like grandpa and then it is still really sluggish. If I get on it good from a stop light or getting on to the interstate I've seen as much as a 1k flare between shifts. No burning smell yet..

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Not yet. I haven't had time. It flares unless I drive like grandpa and then it is still really sluggish. If I get on it good from a stop light or getting on to the interstate I've seen as much as a 1k flare between shifts. No burning smell yet..

dont get rid of a good truck just because of that take it back tot he tranny shop tell them your problems you paid alot for it why throw it all away.... where you from anyways?

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im gonna get it looked at first before I do anything. Still interested if I can reset the computer? Just unplug the battery?

I'm from south charleston, wv.