new transmission not moving. not atf not wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I googled 4l60e problems and came up with this Problem #21. No movement in any gear: pump failure, or total loss of fluid. Remove transmission and rebuild, or refill pan and find the leak. If out of fluid, avoid running the engine until the transmission is refilled to avoid pump damage. To check for pump failure, check fluid level with the engine off, then start the engine and recheck fluid level. If level does not go down when engine is running, the pump is broken.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well im not leaking any fluid anywhere. ive done alot of lookin online. i guess i may have lost quite a bit of fluid from my swap so im gunna dump some atf and fill it up and if that doesnt fix it then ile start lookin some more. i really hope its not the pump. but oh well. im gunna give my mind a break and leave it for now lol

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay soo i just checked my fluid with the truck off. a little showed up on my dipstick. i started my truck check dip stick again. and there was no fluid on it at all. soo i guess i just need fluid. thank god its not my pump weewww that was scary but nice that deffinetly changed things. i just need fluid. eh

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is the converter set into the trans properly sometimes you have to spin it till it clunks into place with the pump

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the pump is good. and i filled it with atf and still nothing... yeah the converter was put in all the way.. im stumped guys. i dont know what to do....

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you possitive yo got the shift linkage hooked up right? It's a stupid question I know but I was helping my buddy hook up his 700r4 and he hooked his linkage up wrong.
i shouldve double checked what you said. it wasnt the transmssion linkage it was the transfercase linkage holding it just out of gear. but figured it out