new transmission not moving. not atf not wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:uhoh2::uhoh2:soo i just finished putting my new transmission and transfercase in my 94. it is a little low on ATF but there is enough there for the truck to move. i know the transmission and tcase were good and worked i took them out of my other truck that i was driving and never had problems with them. sooo none of the gears work now that its in my other truck. then when i go to put it back in park it grinds. soo when i split the tranny and tcase apart. is there anyway something couldve happened there? im really stumped and unsure on this. its frustrating. hope someone can help me.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you possitive yo got the shift linkage hooked up right? It's a stupid question I know but I was helping my buddy hook up his 700r4 and he hooked his linkage up wrong.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the first time i did the linkage it was upside down and wouldnt move. so now its on there and i change gear i can hear and feel it. im reading that it could be the pump gone. i dont know how it would be gone though cuz i unbolted my converter from my flex plate. im stumped. i really dont want to pull it out again..

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an s10 that the pump went in. At idle it would make a clicking sound sounded like a the lower end was bad but it will only do it at idle. Do you have any noises when you put it in gear?

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i put it in R N OD D 2 1 there is no noise at all. but if i leave the truck running and go to put it back in park it will try to grind. same as when i try to put the tcase in neutral or 4x4 it grinds there too. and there was fluid in the converter. some did leak out but i dont think all that much did.....

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i put it in R N OD D 2 1 there is no noise at all. but if i leave the truck running and go to put it back in park it will try to grind. same as when i try to put the tcase in neutral or 4x4 it grinds there too. and there was fluid in the converter. some did leak out but i dont think all that much did.....

Whats it say on the dip stick? Which converter did you use?

Last edited:

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh i think im just gunna dump some atf in. just gotta get some cash to get some. ummm i just use the stock converter. i had two 94 sierra 4x4s and my black truck the one ive been fixin i completely toast my tranny./ burnt up everything. so i used the converter and everything from my green one. everything worked fine on that truck. soo maybe it is just atf i hope..im not sure i should check

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a converter issue to me. Both trucks were 94's with a 350 4l60e right?