Clutch not moving at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would assume anything. There's no guess work here. If assembled all new clutch hydraulic parts and bleed them. Then push the clutch pedal down , did it move at all? Why would you push so hard on the pedal that you bend the " pushrod"? The hard pedal was telling something is wrong here. The fork pivot would not rust so badly you can't break it loose with normal clutch operation. You mechanical advantage, bigger lever theory. Stop fooling yourself , examine the facts before you. The clutch form is jammed somehow. Either look inside the bell housing , what's going on; or drop the transmission, that would be my choice.
You don't have to be a 800 lb gorilla, or get a bigger hammer.

Reaction score
UPDATE......... i took a bottle jack and a ratchet extension and a brick (to keep the bottle jack in place) and slowly extended the jack to press the extension against the pivot fork while spraying PB Blaster through the view hole. did that repeatedly for a couple of days, replaced the slave, used my old master rod to replace the bent rod from the new master,....... fixed it no problem without having to drop my tranny.... hope this helps someone that might have the same problem.

Reaction score
Why would assume anything. There's no guess work here. If assembled all new clutch hydraulic parts and bleed them. Then push the clutch pedal down , did it move at all? Why would you push so hard on the pedal that you bend the " pushrod"? The hard pedal was telling something is wrong here. The fork pivot would not rust so badly you can't break it loose with normal clutch operation. You mechanical advantage, bigger lever theory. Stop fooling yourself , examine the facts before you. The clutch form is jammed somehow. Either look inside the bell housing , what's going on; or drop the transmission, that would be my choice.
You don't have to be a 800 lb gorilla, or get a bigger hammer.
oh ye of little faith. i was right, what i thought was wrong was wrong, i did what i thought i should and it worked great. no need to drop the tranny.
just posted here to get other ideas, but i know what im doing. hope it helps someone else when all they get told buy this group is "drop the tranny".

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's not a repair of the existing problem. It's called a temporary fix. You know what's good for you. As I , we can't see, and depend on less than accurate description, you get the best advice based on that.
You decided what was right for you, that doesn't mean your choice was the right one.
So just go away, we don't need you here. We'll get along just fine. :Moon:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
oh ye of little faith. i was right, what i thought was wrong was wrong, i did what i thought i should and it worked great. no need to drop the tranny.
just posted here to get other ideas, but i know what im doing. hope it helps someone else when all they get told buy this group is "drop the tranny".
A lot of the "drop the transmission" recommendations were by members here that have been in the business and want to inspect what cannot be seen when transmission is installed. Best to remove transmission to see what is causing the current problem and address that and to make sure that no future problems are on the horizon. They were just that, "recommendations". Your truck and your choice as to what to do. Your band aid is a personal choice and not something a reputable shop would attempt. Like @GoToGuy said, rigging a problem is not what is expected here at this forum. Happy trails.....

Reaction score
That's not a repair of the existing problem. It's called a temporary fix. You know what's good for you. As I , we can't see, and depend on less than accurate description, you get the best advice based on that.
You decided what was right for you, that doesn't mean your choice was the right one.
So just go away, we don't need you here. We'll get along just fine. :Moon:
K there champ. You know not everyone has access to a shop, or the time, ability or resources to pull off a major job at the drop of a dime. Sometimes you just need it now for million different reasons. Could be you need to get it going to get to work or you loose your job, could be you live in an apartment and the landlord doesn't want you dropping a tranny in the parking lot. I know this upsets your sensibilities but sometimes good enough for now is all you can do and I'm not the only one who's been in that situation. Your heater core leaking fluid and you need to get home, bypass it till you can fix it right. I know ima have to drop my tranny eventually cause it's a manual transmission and clutches wear out. This fix will most likely last until that time. You don't get to dictate what or where I post. You don't like it, don't read it.