New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a 94 shortbox 2wd w the 5.7 and a 5 spd in it. I plan on making it a little more "sporty" lol. Does anyone have any input on a good lowering spring set and shocks for the front and back? I still want a little rake towards the front but dont want it slammed to the ground lol. Also i was wondering if a 93-97 LT1 would bolt up to this transmission? I would like the truck to have a little get up and go and dont really feel like sticking money into this TBI. Any input is appreciated!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which kit? I'd use spindles up front first then springs if you want it lower. You get a better ride out of the spindles an you can use factory length shocks. It's worth the extra money IMO.

An LT1 will bolt up to your Trans. Your basically looking at having to do everything that you would do for an ls swap to put that lt1 in. You would come out ahead to just do an LS instead. All you need to use your Trans with it would be a spacer for the flexplate.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
depending on how low he wants it, that may not be the best choice. I believe it's only a 2/4 kit.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
I dont want the truck super low so the belltech kit would be a good choice? Or the drop spindles would be better? Wouldnt I have to get an adapter for an LSX swap? I thought the bolt patterns were different on the LSX motors. If i went LSX I would just go with a 5.3 w a mild cam. I just thought the LT1 would pretty much be a drop in w an ECM replacement.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Yes an LT1 will drop right in, but you still gotta run the wires, ECM and Exhaust. He is saying for all the work that is involved just do an LSX. It will take some hunting, but you will be ahead on the LSX swap!