New to the forum, not so new to these trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chase

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just bought a 94 Sierra 1500 earlier this week after wanting one for quite some time, had a 92 Silverado 1500 when I first started driving but over time just became so dilapidated to the point it wasn't even repairable after sitting up for quite some time so I parted ways with it. This is a 1 owner with just 109,000 miles and a body that's in rather amazing shape given it's age. Dent in the drivers side door and a dented rear bumper that will be replaced with a roll pan soon. My uncle actually bought the truck new in 1994 and passed away about ten years ago and his wife just passed recently so I was asked if I wanted to buy it and jumped on it in a heartbeat. It's sat up for about a year but is still in tact for the most part. Currently have it at a local shop getting the usual replacement parts and an upgraded exhaust since the current one was rusted out. Plans in the future are leveling the truck out (open to any suggestions on companies/brands to go with.) Probably some 20"s and an interior overhaul in the future. I've had a large scale sound system in every vehicle I've owned for about the past ten years and this one still has the factory deck with cassette. May swap it out at some point but for now I'm content with it. Anyway, here's a shot of the truck, will post more once I pick it up hopefully later this afternoon.

https://imgur.com/a/TNB6Vkb

C

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Basically all you need to do to level the truck is to install a set of drop shackles.
You must be registered for see images attach

Chase

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Basically all you need to do to level the truck is to install a set of drop shackles.

Yeah I've actually looked on a few sites and LMC (forgive me if this is a noob mistake) lists to "level" the truck that it needs to be lowered 2" more in the rear than the front, so I was looking at a 2"/4" drop but wasn't sure what all parts to go about getting.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My blue '97's on a 2/4. Cut springs 1 coil + 2" drop shackles & hangers.
I do not recommend a 2/4.
Go 4/6.
These trucks actually require a 3" diff front-to-rear to ride level.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I've actually looked on a few sites and LMC (forgive me if this is a noob mistake) lists to "level" the truck that it needs to be lowered 2" more in the rear than the front, so I was looking at a 2"/4" drop but wasn't sure what all parts to go about getting.
To level, yes 2 inches. You said level, nothing about a drop. So yes 2 inches more in the back.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I did the 2' drop shackles and my truck is close to level a touch higher in the rear. Your truck looks nice.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
N P. I just dropped mine 2 inched in the back, and well I added about 180 LBS around the receiver hitch for traction, so that also dropped the back a little. I haven't dropped the front at all. My truck sits level.