New to the forum. Have a few Vortec questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Lol I was going to get the retainers, just didn't mention it bc I thought it was a given. That seems to be a real nice cam. Keep the stock rockers or no?? What stall would you recommend?

Semper Fi

I think with that cam the stock rockers would be alright...you might be pushing the max lift with 1.6's. For the stall I have no idea, I don't mess with the black magic that is an automatic transmission lol

C250098

Reaction score
Such a warm welcome from everybody!! I'm goin to like it here! I think I'll give comp cams a call or lunati and see what stall they recommend. And stock rockers it is. Might at least change to a roller tip??

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Roller tip may be a slight improvement, but I'd say most of the friction probably comes from the ball at the pivot point...You could go with full roller rockers, just still 1.5 ratio. They are more expensive though. Also, if you're going to call some cam companies, you might want to think about having a custom ground cam made. They'll ask you what you want to get out of the cam and you can give them max lift and torque converter stall specs and the'll make a cam specific to your appication