New to GMT 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneclean98

Reaction score
Hello To All,

First and foremost: I am not too technically saavy and this whole forum thing is very new and confusing to me. However I joined to gain and maintain on the current trends.

I have a 98' Ext Cab Chevy 1500 shortbed with 235K on the Odometer. It is black with saddle interior Purchased from Charlie Brown at Graff Chevrolet in Grand Prairie, Texas. I bought it brand new and have kept it running ever since. It is in really great shape other than a faded hood and roof that became increasingly faded once I relocated here to AZ. I am a native Texan and love my truck.

Ever since I purchased my truck I have wanted to conservative mods to it. Back in the late 90's a 2/4 drop with some 17's on some 60's was cool. Now however I have seen some trucks like mine running a 3/4 on 22's which look really cool too. I love old cars and this build would be my old car.

Since I have been out of the loop I have a few inquiries about how to get my truck where I want it. I plan on stroking the motor to 383 similar to GMPP 383HT specs and utilizing a hot cam to go with it. In addition rebuilt tranny, 3.73 locking rear end, larger wheels, tubular upper and lower control arms, larger discs front and rear, etc.

I guess I am asking where and who I could trust my truck to here in the Northern Az local. It looks like I am going to be here for many years to come and want to finally build my truck the way that GM Arlington should have built it back in 98'

Thanks a bunch! Hope to hear back soon.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
:welcome: from Iowa.

Sorry not much help when it comes to your question

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Pittsburgh. These trucks are a great platform for modifications. Glad to see you have owned since new and still want to keep it and fix it up.

I can't help you about reputable shops in AZ, but probably best you get out to shows and talk to some local people. They may be able to steer you in the proper direction.