New ower of a GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin98

Reaction score
Hey people my name is Colin, I live in NW Florida; I'm new to the truck group sorta lost to be honest after having a cobalt ss(rip) but ill be looking for info about a 1998 GMC 1500 pickup. It was giving to me from my grandpa with only 63xxx miles, its condition is practically brand new. Ill have pics up as soon has it stops raining here.

But I'm interested in information on what websites are THE websites that has the parts. (lifts, light bars, wheels, PRE-RUNNER BUMPER) Not looking to anything too wild ill probably do a 2in lift from rough country (thoughts??).

This is what im aiming for and its the color of mine
http://mrwheeldeal.com/17x9-xd-series-795-gloss-black-wheels-on-a-1998-chevy-silverado-1500/

I'm use to the forum life so ill try and do my best to find my own info.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Welcome. I don't have any specific site I use for parts. For replacements, i use rockauto, or partsgeek. For aftermarket I use Amazon, Ebay, Kijiji, anything I can to get the best deal possible lol.

As far as the 2" lift, I beleive it's just a torsion key, you can achieve the same thing for free.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey people my name is Colin, I live in NW Florida; I'm new to the truck group sorta lost to be honest after having a cobalt ss(rip) but ill be looking for info about a 1998 GMC 1500 pickup. It was giving to me from my grandpa with only 63xxx miles, its condition is practically brand new. Ill have pics up as soon has it stops raining here.

But I'm interested in information on what websites are THE websites that has the parts. (lifts, light bars, wheels, PRE-RUNNER BUMPER) Not looking to anything too wild ill probably do a 2in lift from rough country (thoughts??).

This is what im aiming for and its the color of mine
http://mrwheeldeal.com/17x9-xd-series-795-gloss-black-wheels-on-a-1998-chevy-silverado-1500/

I'm use to the forum life so ill try and do my best to find my own info.

THANKS!
It's not like the cobalt in that there's only a couple sites for parts there are tons of site with parts for these trucks. Also that rough country lift is a huge waste of money.

Colin98

Reaction score
Welcome. I don't have any specific site I use for parts. For replacements, i use rockauto, or partsgeek. For aftermarket I use Amazon, Ebay, Kijiji, anything I can to get the best deal possible lol.

As far as the 2" lift, I beleive it's just a torsion key, you can achieve the same thing for free.

Thanks! and yeah Im looking for a front bumper/bar that i like and so far the one N-Fab has I'm not a fan of. But I do like the one BLACK NASTY has that off road look. And im still not too sure what a torsion key is... :think:

It's not like the cobalt in that there's only a couple sites for parts there are tons of site with parts for these trucks. Also that rough country lift is a huge waste of money.

And why do you say that?? im not really wanting something I got to hop into and I doubt ill be off-road since i have a v6 2wd :thumbsdown:

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You have torsion bar front suspension. Torsion key is what holds the bars in place. You can crank them or replace them with lift keys to achieve lift in the front.