New member from LA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the site and I'm very happy to be here! The GMT400 has aways been my favourite body style, though I have two GMT800s.

I've had my 1996 Chevy C1500 since 2003. It sat for about 12 years and I finally got to put it back together. Searching for info lead me to this site a bunch so I decided to join.

The truck was originally a 5.0/4l60. It now has a 5.3l/4l60e from a '02 Avalanche. Mostly stock. Has the LS1 cam and LS6 valve springs. 2"/4" drop with 17" wheels. The paint is Omni Toyota Speedway Blue under matrix clear.

The truck only has 77k on it. Interior is 100% bone stock, light grey. A/C, p/s, p/l, cruise all still works. Shaved stake pockets, antenna, tailgate handle, and molded roll pan.

In the future I'd like to go to a 4"/6" drop and do a 6 lug conversion. Hopefully some power adders; cam, stall, heads, etc. Sorry I don't have any more pics at the moment. Anyone else going to scrapin the coast?

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from your neighbor in Lafayette.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love that truck, thanks for joining.

Tony

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm looking forward to contributing. I'm also happy to see some Louisianans.