new here from Southern Califronia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.7chip

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I purchased a 92 c1500 with a v6 a while back as a gift for my 14 year old ( at the time) nephew. I gave it to him and told my brother that they could work on it together and they could have it ready by the time he got his license. Fast forward 19 months, I get a call a couple days ago from my brother saying that his son wants to sell the truck to fix up a 73 nova his grandfather is giving him. So I give my nephew a $1000 to help out with body work and paint and I pick up the truck. It looks exactly like the day I bought it, so I figured what the hell ill fix it up for myself. The only trucks I have owned have been lifted tundra's and I've never been into bagged trucks but I like how these trucks look lowered and with a ls1 under the hood I figure ill be happy. Not knowing too much about these trucks and what kits are good, I figured id come straight to the source. so here I am

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow So Cal member. Where a bouts? I'm in Riverside. Nice looking truck to start with too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5.7chip

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow So Cal member. Where a bouts? I'm in Riverside. Nice looking truck to start with too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not too far I live in hemet. Do u know any good shops to lower it in the Moreno Valley/riverside area.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I'm not too far I live in hemet. Do u know any good shops to lower it in the Moreno Valley/riverside area.

Oh man sorry I don't. All the work to my truck (lifting in my case). I've done in my driveway. I'm sure lowering can also be done at home depending on how extreme and what tools you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the project.

Last edited:

5.7chip

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I found a couple leaks on the engine so I'm going to tackle those this weekend, and it feels like it needs some work on the steering box. I did find a local shop that works mostly on hot rods but the guy said that he could get me a good deal on a 4/6" drop w/notching the frame for around $1000 installed. Does that sound about right? Thanks again