New guy on the block...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
my 94 gets 18mpg. It sometimes surges like fuel pump or something. So im sure something is up. I'm gonna do a compression check on it though cause it seems that i hear a tick eveyr once and a while.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I replaced the intermediate pipe today. Yay for no exhaust leaks!...
Still didnt fix my loss of power. My rough idle was fixed when I opened the hood and realized the vacuum line from the back of the tbi to the MAP sensor wasnt connected. Must have missed that when I installed the spacer.
Im going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow and see if that helps. Sounds like a fuel problem to me so thats where Im starting.

Any other suggestions?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well I replaced the intermediate pipe today. Yay for no exhaust leaks!...
Still didnt fix my loss of power. My rough idle was fixed when I opened the hood and realized the vacuum line from the back of the tbi to the MAP sensor wasnt connected. Must have missed that when I installed the spacer.
Im going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow and see if that helps. Sounds like a fuel problem to me so thats where Im starting.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe try testing the PSI? I think TBIs require 14. That'll tell you if your pump is possibly going out.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe try testing the PSI? I think TBIs require 14. That'll tell you if your pump is possibly going out.

That was next on my list. I just have an extra fuel filter laying around so I figured I would try that first.
If that doesnt work then fuel pump is next.

Just wanted some more suggestions to see if Im moving away from what could be the culprit. i.e. engine or tbi related.