New guy in Florida. 1991 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampthing

Reaction score
How's it going guys? My name is Drew and I'm the proud owner of a 1991 Silverado. It was my first vehicle and I have kept a hold on it for the past 12 years.

I decided to join up since I'm taking a renewed interest in fixing up my old truck. A few years ago I acquired a wrecked 1997 Silverado and I parted it out while keeping a few choice parts for my truck including a 3:73 limited slip rear axle. Mechanically my truck is in pretty good shape with the original TBI 350 and a built 700r4 but cosmetically it has suffered due to the terrible Chevrolet paint from those years.

I recently purchased a 1995 suburban that has been wrecked as well. I am currently parting it out locally and thought I'd offer it on the forum too. It has damage on both sides but still runs and drives well.

I don't know if this forum has rules about new members posting for sale threads but assuming it's not against the rules I'll post pictures and more information on the burb in the appropriate section.

I'll get my truck cleaned up and post some pics of it and all its paint flakey glory too.

swampthing

Reaction score
Thanks! Glad to be here.

You must be registered for see images attach

I found a picture from a couple years back of the truck. It looks pretty much the same now, I took those wheels off the 97 it also had brand new Michelin's on it so that was a great bonus.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice rims, those are the same rims they used on the sport, and SS trucks. Your truck has a lot of potential.

swampthing

Reaction score
Thanks, the truck really is in good shape for its age. When I parted the 97 out I took that opportunity to do a refresh on the brakes and suspension, I did Monroe reflex shocks all around and installed the two inch drop shackles to level the truck. I really need to finish the interior I'm just waiting for time and funding. I have a set of matching blue bucket seats and center console waiting to go in it, I'm waiting til I can afford to redo my stereo again since its no longer to my liking.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony

swampthing

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've been so busy tearing apart this suburban I haven't had much time to post anything on here.

I really want to find another truck with the 88-94 interior to freshen up mine as well. I need to go take a look at some of the custom interior setups to see where I can hide some subs.