New guy from WA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notverrysmart

Reaction score
Hey there everybody! I've been kind of lurking on and off here for a few years now, but since I have had my GMT400 for almost a year now I figured I should sign up. I'm going to do a little story time and pics will be posted at the bottom, so if you don't want to read go ahead and keep scrolling.
The story starts with my 88 burb (Sarah) that falls into that interesting year when all of the pickups went to the GMT400 platform and the burbs and blazers stay in the square body platform. When I first got her and knew very little about the history, whenever I would search for a 88 gm truck forum, I would get sent to forums like this. Anyway, after years of fixing, improving and driving Sarah I decided I needed some updated seats and started searching Craigslist. I eventually found my 94 k1500 GMC suburban and came up with the idea of transferring the interior and having a square body burb with GMT400 interior. So a two hour drive up with my sister, $1000 on the truck, hour drive to a restaurant to stop buy my sister some dinner for helping and another hour the rest of the way home and I had a GMT400 with pristine interior and a few minor problems here and there. Well at 14mpg I figured I could save some money in gas and restore Sarah(6-10mpg) and that is pretty much where I am at now. My hope is to do the swap, throw some seats and gauges into the 94 and make her a wheeling rig.
Things I have done:
Replaced broken/possessed head unit-blew out speakers
Replaced drivers tail light board
Replaced all blown 6 speakers, added a 5ch amp with a 10 inch sub, burned up amp in my car and pulled the 12in sub and put in truck
Blew out rear drum brake wheel cylinders, replaced breaks all around along with new calipers on the front/bled system
Busted out drivers side rear window, got a junk yard door for $100 instead of $300 for a new window
New drivers door switch for dome light
Got bushings for squeaky bake pedal, still need to install
New oil cooler fittings, no longer loosing a qt of oil a week
Flowmaster muffler...shoulda went magnaflow
Short ram intake
All 4 shocks
I think I got everything done so far.
Things I'm going to do
Swap in the 350 from Sarah, only 5 or 6k miles instead of 250k
Big 3 upgrade (during engine swap which will also come with a 200amp alt.)
Fix front bumper (also during engine swap, bumper is angled up for some reason)
Possibly replace broken, warped grill
Swap lights to LEDs
Replace resistor on blower motor
Some other things I'm forgetting, but now its the time you all have been waiting for!!! Pic *******!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

broken window

And the GM line up

Ironically, I bought the truck mostly for the interior yet have no pics lol.