New guy from so-cal, with a dark green 95 silverado!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason

Reaction score
Hey everyone, well this is my little intro to the website. My name is Jason, live in Bakersfield CA, im 20 years old, and very proud to say I own a 95 silverado. Bought it last december for 3k, and if this truck were a girl, I would have asked her to be mine the second I saw her haha.

Ill share some photos of it when I just bought it last year. It has Mickey Thompson Baja Claw's, 33x12.5, as far as I know there is no lift on it, it does sit pretty high though, its a 350 chevy, 5.7 liter, and I have NO idea what rims are on this thing, the guy I bought it from didnt remember, if anyone knows where or what they are let me know, but its a beaut, thats all i can really say.

Recently I've found myself bored from winter break from college, dont really have much friends to hang out with, so Ive been trying to keep myself busy, recently I blacked out the taillights, and I've been doing a TON of reading on this website as a guest, about the HID lights, grilles, etc. So last night I ordered a ton of new stuff.
I read up about the headlights from stylintrucks, TYC I believe they were called, a new billet grille, and the HID conversion kit from DDM.

future mods: i really want to lift this thing. but its expensive, and i have no idea how to even start :/ i looked and searched from a step by step do it yourself OBS lift kit thread, but didnt find one.. i want newer bigger tires, and possibly some rockstar rims. but we'll see.

these are photos of her. when i get my new parts next week i'll update the photos for you all. went off roading for the first time today to, very fun!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason

Reaction score
Thank you, i debadged it the other day too, looks super clean now!
I dont think they're nissan rims, i can recall him saying "they're American something rims, i dont recall the name", thats what he told me, a lot of people ask where i got them, or what the name is, i just say I dont know, they look like a sunflower though to me haha.

i really wanna make it clean and nice, i do have a problem with the door handle on the driver side though.. the door doesnt shut all the way sometimes and the handle is sorta just hanging there. i heard silverados have a problem with the latch sometimes. and the wiper motor.. my wipers dont work a lot of the time

Jason

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

that was from today, a little muddy but hey, first time taking it out in the mud, IT WAS SO FUN.. makes me wanna do it again, even though i just washed it yesterday too ha. you can kinda see the tailights too.. ill take better pics next week

Jason

Reaction score
welcome man i have a 95too 2wd

thanks man, ive been sorta 'lurking', if you will, on this site for the past couple weeks, but finally decided to join, maybe get some ideas, ask for help, etc, and i took a gander at your build. you've done a lot to that 95! i liked reading and seeing all those photos, you have a clean ride i will admit

Reaction score
lol, yep door handles and wipers.. thats norm. Allot of time it can be one of the screw loose to the handles, some times missing.. And i believe (if im not mistaken) its a circuit board? or plug? that messes up on the wipers... Also on the door catches the plastic coating on the claws themselves will wear off and get mangled in the mechanism..

Jason

Reaction score
Allot of time it can be one of the screw loose to the handles some times missing..

bingo with that, i just tighten the bolt with my hands every time i get into the truck so it wont pop out until i fix the latch and handle

And i believe (if im not mistaken) its a circuit board? or plug? that messes up on the wipers... Also on the door catches the plastic coating on the claws themselves will wear off and get mangled in the mechanism..

double bingo. i read i have to sauder something on the circuit board that came loose, i dont have a gun though to do it :/ and yea the latch on the side of the door is just out of it, it sucks and needs a new one or something, when i get some extra cash ill fix that too. for now i wanna do the front end lol, im tired of a non billet grill and those amber side lights

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man im here to help bro if u have a question most things our similar on our trucks so even better