New Guy From Saginaw, Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, new guy from Michigan. I just wanted to say hello before I start posting. I've been over on FSC since 2008 and thought it was about time I joined over here. I apologize in advance, but when I post photos, I usually get a bit in depth with the story that goes with them. A little about both of my trucks.

In 1998 my dad leased a brand new red Silverado with 7 miles on the odometer which he later bought after the lease was up. I was 13 years old at the time and was obsessed with that style truck. From the Chevy "Like A Rock" commercials to seeing them on the road, I wanted one so bad. I literally grew up in the truck, from being a punk kid, to high school, prom, girlfriends, and heartache. My dad passed away in 2010 and the truck became mine. Its not perfect by any means, but its one of the things from my dad that I cherish. Now I'm 30 and every time I drive it, I feel like he is sitting in the passenger seat with me like he did when I had my learner's permit.
I'm in the process of slowing repairing the rust and trying to get it to look like it did in its glory days.

You must be registered for see images attach

This was taken shortly after it was bought back in '98.

My dad had always owned his share of lifted Chevys back in the 70's and 80's. He bought this '88 Cheyenne in 1990 when I was 5 with 25,000 miles on the odometer. No options except A/C, but it has the 350 with the 5 speed. I still have the truck and its going to be torn down to the frame to be made into a toy for Silver Lake sand dunes.

Several years ago I bought this '99 Tahoe to use as a daily driver. I threw on drop springs and shackles as well as several other parts and just drove it. I had planned on 20" Camaro wheels, but I ended up selling it.

This was my first truck and the one I got my username from. I bought it in 2008 with absolutely no rust. I miss it to this day, but I value my red '98 more. I'm a huge GMT400 fan and probably always will be.

Glad to be here!!:patriot:

Pappy's 88

Reaction score
HI Brandon Welcome, I have not been on the forum long but had to post. My Truck is from Saginaw to.
Well so am I but I live near Dallas now. I just brought the truck here in January.
It was my Dads and He passed last November. You may have seen it around It's a 88 Brown Step side 4x4.
Any way great looking X-cab

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
HI Brandon Welcome, I have not been on the forum long but had to post. My Truck is from Saginaw to.
Well so am I but I live near Dallas now. I just brought the truck here in January.
It was my Dads and He passed last November. You may have seen it around It's a 88 Brown Step side 4x4.
Any way great looking X-cab

I may have saw it before, any photos of it? At least you got away from all of the road salt we get up here in the winter lol.

Pappy's 88

Reaction score

Need a lot of work... Good work but work..lol