new guy from md: 99 4dr tahoe bagged on 24's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
actually while im thinking of it Ive gotta friend who has a 2 dr and is wanting to bag it. What offset is your wheels he was having problems trying to find what size offset wheels to buy. Not everyone on fsc is bad there is quite a few good people on there but I dont think to many people had anserws for you since there is hardly and bagged 4 drs on there.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats probably true.its all good.this site i like.reminds me of s10fourm wich is another really good site that i used for years and still do.and i cant remember my offset lol but i think its -30.its a pain to find wheels that will fit on a tahoe or silverado that will tuck.most of the time people narrow there rear end.my buddy and his bodydropped silverado and couldnt fit regular wheels on it

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man thats a badass black silverado you got i love the vette wheels made it look sweet never seen that yet.almost look like the typhoon wheels

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a good lookin tahoe you got there!
I'm debating on bagging my 96, it has a 4/6 drop with 24x10 Centerlines. I just picked up bushings/inserts/sleeves, upper balljoint plates, and machined lower balljoint cups for tubular control arms I'm going to make for mine.

actually while im thinking of it Ive gotta friend who has a 2 dr and is wanting to bag it. What offset is your wheels he was having problems trying to find what size offset wheels to buy. Not everyone on fsc is bad there is quite a few good people on there but I dont think to many people had anserws for you since there is hardly and bagged 4 drs on there.

You can actually save yourself a lot of pain and money buy picking up a 90's caprice/impala rearend from the junkyard for about $50-$100. Its the same 5x5 bolt pattern, and the rearend is 2.5" inches narrower, thats an inch and a quarter on each side. Instead paying up around $5oo to have your rearend narrowed and resplined.

Last edited:

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a question for you though, why didnt you dehump the frame? Its gonna be a paint in the ass to over body drop it, at least more than it should I think.
I'm just curious thats all.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we werent sure what way we were gonna bodydrop .but we can lower the bodymounts alot so and section the frame,its not gonna be too bad. and here pics of the rear for you chevyguy
You must be registered for see images attach
.iv had the panhard lowered more so i could ride at a lower height