New guy - 1999 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 - 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999bigburb

Reaction score
Hi everyone...finally have a chance to download a link to few pics of my newest purchase. I recently sold my 2010 ram CC sport as I just paid it off and bought a new spiffy fast like car for a daily instead. Still need a truck for the ATV's and holiday trailer and wanted something cheap that I can use for the 4-5k miles a year it will be needed. This is what I found, I was looking for a couple of months before I found exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty happy as I love GMT400 Suburban's. I last had a 96 Suburban around 12-13 years ago and loved it then and have always wanted another.

1999 GMC Suburban - 3/4 ton - 4x4 - 7.4 - 4.10 gears. Full load with heated seats etc. The truck only has 105,000 miles so it has lots of life left. I bought it from the original owner so I have all the history as well. I got it for $2500 bucks as it needed a fuel pump which I fixed the day I bought it. Aside from that I swapped the ignition switch, ALL fluids, fuel/air filter, plugs and wires and a new 4x4 switch and it runs like a top.

I still have a few little issues with the ABS light which I believe is a ground for the EBCM which I will confirm either way this upcoming weekend and the security light is staying on but no codes are present so I believe the BCM is having an issue. I have put on around 2000miles on it and have not had any no start issues so...who knows. I'll figure it out at some point.
Anyways...link to pics below. I will post some nicer pics once I get some wax on it etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garage_queen/sets/72157648592560048/

Last edited:

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of great info here and helpful people. Truck looks clean as hell. Not a huge fan of the red interior but I would get over it for what you paid. Good score

1999bigburb

Reaction score
Yeah...***** red isn't the best color but at least it isn't ripped to hell. It was clean so I will learn to embrace it lol.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah...***** red isn't the best color but at least it isn't ripped to hell. It was clean so I will learn to embrace it lol.

Either my monitor is off, or GM had two reds in 99. I think mine is called Ruby Red, but it looks different than what I'm seeing on my monitor.

It looks like it's in real nice shape. It goes through some gas, but I love my 454. I know you said you changed all the fluids, but what about the hoses? If they're still original it may be a good idea to change them. Eliminate the quick connect on the heater hose, too. How do your oil cooler lines look? Any leakage at the oil filter adapter? These are all things I've needed to do, Although, I have many more miles, sometimes it can simply be age.

1999bigburb

Reaction score
Either my monitor is off, or GM had two reds in 99. I think mine is called Ruby Red, but it looks different than what I'm seeing on my monitor.

It looks like it's in real nice shape. It goes through some gas, but I love my 454. I know you said you changed all the fluids, but what about the hoses? If they're still original it may be a good idea to change them. Eliminate the quick connect on the heater hose, too. How do your oil cooler lines look? Any leakage at the oil filter adapter? These are all things I've needed to do, Although, I have many more miles, sometimes it can simply be age.

Mine is Ruby Red too...probably just the light or something making it look different. The cooling system seems to have been gone through so I am covered there from what I can tell. The tranny cooler lines look like poo though, it would be in my best interest to get those replaced soon. No leaks of oil of any kind, the valve covers are sweating a bit but I can live with that.
This will be a just throw money at it when I have to type vehicle, if it ain't broke don't fix it attitude...just keep it clean,tidy and maintained. I have another project vehicle that steals all my money...

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Hi everyone...finally have a chance to download a link to few pics of my newest purchase. I recently sold my 2010 ram CC sport as I just paid it off and bought a new spiffy fast like car for a daily instead. Still need a truck for the ATV's and holiday trailer and wanted something cheap that I can use for the 4-5k miles a year it will be needed. This is what I found, I was looking for a couple of months before I found exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty happy as I love GMT400 Suburban's. I last had a 96 Suburban around 12-13 years ago and loved it then and have always wanted another.

1999 GMC Suburban - 3/4 ton - 4x4 - 7.4 - 4.10 gears. Full load with heated seats etc. The truck only has 105,000 miles so it has lots of life left. I bought it from the original owner so I have all the history as well. I got it for $2500 bucks as it needed a fuel pump which I fixed the day I bought it. Aside from that I swapped the ignition switch, ALL fluids, fuel/air filter, plugs and wires and a new 4x4 switch and it runs like a top.

I still have a few little issues with the ABS light which I believe is a ground for the EBCM which I will confirm either way this upcoming weekend and the security light is staying on but no codes are present so I believe the BCM is having an issue. I have put on around 2000miles on it and have not had any no start issues so...who knows. I'll figure it out at some point.
Anyways...link to pics below. I will post some nicer pics once I get some wax on it etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garage_queen/sets/72157648592560048/

Nice suburban, I bet that 454 is great for towing! What kind of quads do you have?