New from Ohio, with a project Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JakeZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!
My name is Jake, I'm a college student studying graphic design, with a farming background. My truck is a 1998 Chevy K1500 with the Z71 package purchased from a mechanics shop through a connection made due to my job (i work the counter and drive for the local Napa Auto) I purchased the truck fairly cheaply, and everything seems to work with the exception of the motor having a pretty nasty knock. Since i have another truck ( a 2003 chevy siliverado 1500) i wanted to rebuild this truck amd make it my daily. I purchased another motor with the intention of swapping them. The motor is out of a '97, and both are 5.7l Vortecs, so they should fit. Should be a fun project and a valuable learning experience! I look forward to the wealth of wisdom to be gained on this forum, and I look forward to interacting with its members.

My truck, on its test drive, and trip home.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. We're here to help, and goof around. With all the cool builds going on this is a bad place and will influence your spending habits.

Nice truck by the way.

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Jake, it's great to have you here

Tony