New engine problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharlieB

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to post but long story short my motor locked down so I swapped a new one in. Same motor l31 vortec 350 from a suburban. Well I'm pretty sure I plugged everything back like I got it out but now my AC controls won't work. Like the blower won't come on. Also the key won't start the truck. I have to jump the starter. When the key is on the park revers neutral and drive lights won't come on either. They only light up when it's in ACC mode. Annnnnnd my tail lights and reverse lights all stay kit up when the key is in the on position. Any ideas?

CharlieB

Reaction score
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where all the grounds are? I for sure I got the big one on the front of the block to the passenger side of the crank, and the one toward the back on the engine on the trans and the one on the thermostat housing. But something has to be messed up under the hood for the AC controls not to work, and all my tail lights, reverse lights etc to stay on when the key is on. I've been looking all night and I'm stumped