New doors and now windows wont work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badeagle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I started to fix up my 95 GMC K3500 last week and I have run into a bit of an issue. My doors were rusty So my junk yard connection hooked my up with a set of doors off of a 2000 Denali, The doors are in perfect shape and were stored in a pole barn since the truck was removed. We installed the new doors and all of the other sheet metal on the truck and now the power windows and locks wont work. I swapped my Door panels and controls over to the new doors I put on so that everything would match up. On the drivers door I didnt use 2 of the plugs since I do not have power mirrors or back doors to control. Neither control on either door works now. What are the chances of them being bad and me needing to swap in my old motors and everything to get this back on the road?

By the way, I completely covered the inside of the doors with FatMat before hanging them on the truck. It will for sure be a PITA the remove the doors guts.

Thanks,

Dustin

1badeagle

Reaction score
I just came in the house from being outside messing with the truck. If I install the switches from the denali doors instead of the factory ones from my truck, the windows do work. The Switch on the passenger door does nothing though, and if I push the passenger down from the driverside it just locks the doors. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is here?

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like the wiring is different. If anyone can pull up a wiring diagram for the late model OBS and then your 95 you'll have to do a simple diff and reseat the wires in the connectors

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know the lock wiring runs in a loop so if anything is bad/missing/open, they wont work cause it needs a complete circuit. my pass side door switch went bad causing none of the power locks to work from any switch including the key fob.