New bowtie guy from Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TyCrawf

Reaction score
Paid $800, plus a battery. Looking into going to 4.11 gears, because I'm not really feeling the need to top out the Gu6 (3.42?) Gears.

I hope not to rub anyone wrong being a Mopar guy. Haha

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
:rofl:$800?! You made off like a bandit, honestly. You could fix it up and get upwards of 4K. I wish I could find deals like that. And I wouldn't worry about rubbing anyone the wrong way. We're all truck and car guys here :cheers:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welcome from a former Iowan! I lived just down the road from Ames up until 2007, miss it a little more each day living here in North Carolina,

TyCrawf

Reaction score
Ugh, I have literally read through 37 pages on the DIC, and I am still kinda **** up on the idea, I've heard things about 411 ecm, things that work and don't, it seems like I need to find a dedicated sticky. Searching on here seems to be difficult, most of it may be the verbiage (as I am new to it).

As of right now, I am compiling bookmarks, and parts list of the mods. And hot damn It's getting extensive (all in good time).

TyCrawf

Reaction score
Yeah, truck is actually at my buddy's house, til I can make room. I'm about five blocks away.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey all, just bought a 1998 ecsb. Got a good deal as a no start. Just put in a battery.

Some things need attention, but it runs and drives.

Thanks.

Tyler
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome from iowa. Lot of us in this board. We have meets periodically. I talked to the guy on this truck week or so ago.
:rofl:$800?! You made off like a bandit, honestly. You could fix it up and get upwards of 4K. I wish I could find deals like that. And I wouldn't worry about rubbing anyone the wrong way. We're all truck and car guys here :cheers:
4k? Haha

TyCrawf

Reaction score
The worst part is, I'm not a body guy, so I'll either farm out the patch work, or replace the cab and box. Weeeee.

And I don't feel like he needs to know it was just a battery... I felt bad for the guy, but I just so happened to come into some luck.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Welcome from another Iowan about 40 min from ames

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk