New bowtie guy from Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Welcome from iowa. Lot of us in this board. We have meets periodically. I talked to the guy on this truck week or so ago.

4k? Haha
I guess it depends on the region. A clean, 98 z71 ECSB goes for 4K here. I've seen asking prices much higher but I know they go for less. I mean, the very first 400 I looked at was a 96 without the 3rd door, paint was chipped, scratched, gouged, interior stank, radio and AC didn't work, needed alignment and exhaust and the guy wouldn't take a penny less then 4K. Took him 6 months to sell it but he did

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the region. A clean, 98 z71 ECSB goes for 4K here. I've seen asking prices much higher but I know they go for less. I mean, the very first 400 I looked at was a 96 without the 3rd door, paint was chipped, scratched, gouged, interior stank, radio and AC didn't work, needed alignment and exhaust and the guy wouldn't take a penny less then 4K. Took him 6 months to sell it but he did
A clean one does here 2

TyCrawf

Reaction score
Updated fun:

Sold the extra car (in case of Murphy's law)

And then the truck decided to go into muphy mode.

Passenger side CV shaft took out the brake caliper and lost brakes after the piston extended past the boot.

In the process of removing the stabilizer bar, because it broken off on the driver side anyways.

She needs a proper lift, stock shocks on turned up tkeys, have the UCA on the dead stop. New stabilizer bar later on.

So much fun I'm not sure how to contain myself. Haha

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It might take awhile but unless your asking stupid money just about everything sells. There's a butt for every seat. All the seller has to do is find the right butt.

TyCrawf

Reaction score
I don't plan in selling it. Just fix the problem areas and if some wants it, there will be a price.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Surprised I've never seen this truck out in Ames. Looks like the start of a good project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCrawf

Reaction score
Quick question, got a rear break line leak. But it the lines the go into the frame channel and next to the tank, any way to scout those without removing the bed or dropping the tank?

TyCrawf

Reaction score
I just ran new line next to it, and zip tied it. Will remove the old stuff when the box comes off.