Neutral switch location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanec

Reaction score
I have a manual trany on my k2500 1997 wich is stock meaning it's manual from compagny not à swap. I changed the cab with à cab that Was auto. Where is the neutral switch wire inside the automatic cab so I can plug it to my master cylinder
In the wiring diagram its say my wire should be yellow but as you can see my plug is purple, in my harnes there a couple purple wire so i dont know wich one does what
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20240303_150436.jpg
    20240303_150436.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240303_150445.jpg
    20240303_150445.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 8

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about a 97 but on my 1990 there is no Neutral safety switch to prevent starts but the is a clutch switch on Manual models. It breaks the purple wire so you cant start unless you press the clutch. Purple with is start wire

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is the cab you swapped onto your truck? What " master cylinder " , you mean the " clutch master " . Did you swap the wire loom over? Steering column?
If you want the best correct information use the OE factory service manuals. In a sticky above you can download the OE manual for your year truck, it's free.
You must be registered for see images attach

vanec

Reaction score
The neutral switch wire on the automatic cab was connected without a switch but to prevent it from starting there is the prndl mechanism. When in drive you mechanically cannot turn ignition switch on. All I did was take the prndl mechanism off and connect all wire like normal. But now I can start it without pressing clutch but that doesn't really matter anyway. Thanks for the help