need help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
have 1998 chevy ext.sb 350 vortec it starts stalls turn key on security comes on then turns off then i attempt to start and itll fire then security flashes but i turn key off and back on and light never actually stays on just flashes while cranking...

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So does it fire up and your able to drive it?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it have the stock tune?
If so, id do the resistor trick to disable the security or just get a tune for it and have it disabled that way.
Ive never tried the resistor trick, but i know the tune will fix it.

Panner99

Reaction score
It could be your passlock module or passlock sensor in the column. Just had mine fixed by the dealer. You can do the relearn to get the track going again. But the problem will likely come back.

The dealer put in a new passlock sensor for me and I havent had the problem in over a year.

1. Insert ignition key and turn to the “ON” position. Do not attempt to start the engine. Leave
the key in the “ON” position for approximately 11 minutes. The security light will be steady
on or flashing for the 11-minute period. Do not proceed to Step 2 until the security light
turns off or stops flashing.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes for a third time.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds for a third time.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position for 30 seconds.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
9. Attempt to start the engine.
If the engine starts and runs, the relearn is complete