Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need help. i have a 95 k1500 ext cab bone stock. i want to put 33/12.50 tires on a 16x10 wheel what is the least amout of lift do i need? i use the truck for hunting and daily driving and weekend excursions. so it cant rub. what can i do?

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running 33's, spent about 80 bucks on 2" rear AAL's and cranked my TB's a little. I love the stance and no rubbing issues, it's not only a cheap mod but an easy install.

You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can also put lift blocks which is cheaper than aal but you dont want to crank to much

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'm running 33's, spent about 80 bucks on 2" rear AAL's and cranked my TB's a little. I love the stance and no rubbing issues, it's not only a cheap mod but an easy install.

You say no rubbing issues but it looks to me as tho your bumper/valance have been trimmed

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you want very little crank then body lift and crank to level or if you dont mind stressing the front a little then crank with like 1" block to level back

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trimmed the valance very little prior to cranking the torsion bars. I used a cut off wheel on my hand grinder, went from nothing on top down to 1" on the bottom. I decided I wanted the front end to set a little higher after doing that so I cranked the bars some. I still have 3/8-1/2" of threads left on my torsion bar bolts. I looked at adding the block kit but it was just a few bucks more to go with the AAL which not only provides a little lift but also a little more payload capacity. The AAL springs I used said 2" of lift but that depends on the shape the stock springs are in, I gained 1.5" which suited me fine.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run 33x12.50's on a stock truck. My buddy has 305x75x16's (33x12.50) Maxxis Big Horns on 16x10 Mickey Thompson classic II's with no issues. If you want to be sure about clearance though, you can do a 2" or 3" BL (cheap), crank the torsion bars (free, but don't crank too far or you'll kill your front end), or you can do a 4" suspension lift. Personally, I'd crank or do a suspension lift kit rather than a body lift, but that's just me. Good luck.

Edit: Proof if it's needed.

Last edited:

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank yall for the input. i dont want to crank my tbs at all if i dont have to. and i want to eventually put a heavy duty steel bumper on it as well. thats why the body lift might not work in my case. what about a leveling kit or one if those 2.5 inch suspension lift?