Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All those leveling or 2.5" kits do is relocate your shocks, give you re-indexed keys to crank your torsion bars, and some sort of block or AAL to level the rear. They're a marketing gimmick. All you need to do that for free is to crank your stock bars to 1.5"-2" (this is safe), get an alignment and lift the rear accordingly.

Of course, you don't really need any of that to clear the 33's.... especially if you use stock wheels.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can run 33x12.50's on a stock truck. My buddy has 305x75x16's (33x12.50) Maxxis Big Horns on 16x10 Mickey Thompson classic II's with no issues. If you want to be sure about clearance though, you can do a 2" or 3" BL (cheap), crank the torsion bars (free, but don't crank too far or you'll kill your front end), or you can do a 4" suspension lift. Personally, I'd crank or do a suspension lift kit rather than a body lift, but that's just me. Good luck.

Edit: Proof if it's needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

That truck is beautiful! Tell him not to change a thing!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine on a 4" rcx with 305/70/17 on a 17x9 pro comp

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tI like the 4" lift but they are a little expinsive for me now. like i said i just want the 33s on 16x10 wheel without rubbing. how do i go about cranking the torsion bars? i have never messed with them before

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
tI like the 4" lift but they are a little expinsive for me now. like i said i just want the 33s on 16x10 wheel without rubbing. how do i go about cranking the torsion bars? i have never messed with them before

just look under the truck at the torsion bar crossmember it has one bolt per side jack the front up to make them easier to turn and then turn them both equally amount of turns until your happy with the height

Sent from my static android

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You won't get immediate lift after cranking though. You'll have to drive around for a little bit to get the torsion bars to settle to their new height. Be careful not to crank up to more than around ~2" over stock... You'll kill your front end if you do. You'll be fine otherwise.

If you don't feel comfortable with it, the you don't "have to" crank to clear the 33's. Just slap them on and have fun! It'll just look a little less stuffed with the t-bars cranked some. Good luck.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck is beautiful! Tell him not to change a thing!

Correction tell him to take off the stick on rockerpanel , molding, and bed tubes, get an underrail toolbox or bed cover instead of toolbox then it will be perfect

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That really depends on how old and fatigued your torsion bars are.... There isn't any real answer. For example, when I had mine cranked prior to my lift, my passenger side took 3 full turns and my driver side took just under 7 turns. Weird huh...

Last edited: