Need help ASAP, console stuck in vertical on 60/40 bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cscottsss

Reaction score
I've searched every forum out there and found that many people have the actual cloth covered lid stuck on the flip up console but never saw anyone out there with this problem.

:nono:

I vaccumed the truck out last night and flipped the console in the up position and now it won't go back down. I've tried wd40, and about everything else. WTF? Attached is a pic for reference.

You must be registered for see images attach

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did this a few weeks ago. Best I can remember I just kinda wiggled it around and it came back down. It did seem like it kinda locked in place...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I think you actually have to move it back a little then down to unlock the mechanism that holds it in place to be used as a seat

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

Cscottsss

Reaction score
Yeah, weird. Had this truck since it was brand new in 96 and this has never happened. I've tried everything, guess I'm going to have to try and remove it altogether.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Check to see if the bolts in the side have backed off. Over time, they may have loosened up & are now binding. IIRC you can get can get at them if you flip the backrests forward.