Need advice on order of install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I am going to be replacing both front fenders, and both front wheelwells (sometimes referred to as inner fenders), as all four parts are corroded. The replacement fenders are clean, used aftermarket ones. The wheelwells are new aftermarket parts.

My question is, what is the best/easiest order of removal and installation? Should I try to remove the fender with the inner wheelwell still attached to it (which was how I did it when removing the fenders at the junkyard)? Or should I try to remove the old wheelwells first, then the fenders?

Then, when I go to install the new parts, should I install the fenders first, then the wheelwells, or, would it be better to install the wheelwells to the fenders while they are off the truck, and then install them as an assembly?

I will remove the front bumper and grille to ease removal/assembly; is there any other thing I should remove to ease removal of the fenders/wheelwells?