need a question answered...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scheidsride

Reaction score
No, for one travel trailers are built with low weight at the hitch of the trailer rather it be a goose neck fifth wheel or bumper pull.. And I have a new holland tractor that weighs a little over 8k and load it on a trailer that weighs about 2200 and my z drags it at highway speeds..

Hogg

Reaction score
Well for one to replace a 4l60 with a 4l60 is not pull on out put the other in job.. Big big electronically and wiring difference between the both.. ..
You just swap 2 pins and retune the PCM so far as the electonics go. They are both 4 speed OD transmissions that are controlled via the same PCM.

peace
Hog

Scheidsride

Reaction score
You just swap 2 pins and retune the PCM so far as the electonics go. They are both 4 speed OD transmissions that are controlled via the same PCM.

peace
Hog

Are you kiddin me..? I had around about that, I guess the guys assumed I wanted them to do it.. Pins I guess you mean in the main plug the goes into the tranny? I've got a fresh 4l80.. I sure would line to run it in my z71.. I'm gettin ready to do a s.a.s.. Man if you could send me some links or some more info on swappin a 4l60 an a 4l80 I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, guess I was wrong. But that's good news though.

Scheidsride

Reaction score
Tranny swap

peace
Hog

Are you kiddin me..? I had ask around about that, I guess the guys assumed I wanted them to do it.. Pins I guess you mean in the main plug the goes into the tranny? I've got a fresh 4l80.. I sure would like to run it in my z71.. I'm gettin ready to do a s.a.s.. Man if you could send me some links or some more info on swappin a 4l60 an a 4l80 I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, guess I was wrong. But that's good news though.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you kiddin me..? I had ask around about that, I guess the guys assumed I wanted them to do it.. Pins I guess you mean in the main plug the goes into the tranny? I've got a fresh 4l80.. I sure would like to run it in my z71.. I'm gettin ready to do a s.a.s.. Man if you could send me some links or some more info on swappin a 4l60 an a 4l80 I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, guess I was wrong. But that's good news though.

Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/be1qDK

Scheidsride

Reaction score
Nevermind, I was right. I shouldn't doubt myself. Wiring harnesses are completeletly different the 80e tranny is 32 spline the 60e is 27.. Different transfercase would be need or the converter plate.. The computer needs to be changed or reprogrammed .. Huge headache by the way..it would take a dealer to do..you need a vin number to set it to the 80e.. To get it to think it's s 80e not a 60e. Bigger tranny cooler.. The only thing that is not different is the bolt pattern on the housing.. I was right.. What a pain..

Scheidsride

Reaction score
A couple pins? That doesn't even make sense any way.. They have different line pressure.. Electronics internally are different.. That's why the wiring harness is completely different .. So if you can pull the swap off let us know..