Need a couple small favors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a picture of the shackle position of a 88-98 truck sitting with weight on it. Even with the box off would probably work but with the box on would be even better.

And

Could someone with a 95-98 V8 truck give me your year and the last 8 digits of the vin number please. I think it has to be from a silverado not a wt. I want to call and order a new GM core support and they always want a vin.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it has to do with something that he wants a 95-98 core support and he has a 89 chevy

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
The W/T and the Silverado have the same core support.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Why cant you use your core support? I believe they are pretty much the same from 88-98 since a lot of guys convert to the 94-98 front end without changing the core support.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The grille filler doesn't bolt to it correctly. You can use a long screw and a huge stack of washers or something but I'm not looking to hillbilly stuff up on this thing.

But in any event I went on autotrader and got a vin, I'll call the dealership we get our parts from tomorrow and give them the last 8 and I can get a brand new GM core support.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I had a 1994 Grill on my 1989 no problem, so did my buddy, not really sure what your talking about.

If you want ill give you my last 8 for my truck.

Sent from my Igloo

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easy way to get a vin it's to hit autotrader find a vehicle with the options your looking for an get the vin from the AD....

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 1994 Grill on my 1989 no problem, so did my buddy, not really sure what your talking about.

If you want ill give you my last 8 for my truck.

Sent from my Igloo
I also had a 98 grille in my 89, but the filler doesn't bolt to the core support like a stock 98 would.