NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I wonder if you dont need to reem your bracket holes out. The top one you drilled, over size it. This will allow the bottom of the bumper to twist in and the top to come up. Also the bottom bolt hole ont he bumper, which was a square, i drilled out and used an OBS bolt there for more movement

BTW, i havent touched the holes on my frame at all.

Last edited:

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out where the hitch mounts to the frame. The frame could have bent down when you hit the hitch on the hill.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If the old bumper was still straight I dont see how the frame woulda been bent, if you cant get it lined up with the bolts on the bumper or by loosening the bolts you can woller out the holes on the brackets a lil where it mounts on the frame to allow some movement

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler, good lord buddy your truck looks clean nice sig man. Anyway nope don't have a blackberry but I do have a "smart" phone if that makes any difference. Anyway, I'll go snap a couple pictures with flash on and should be able to see just fine and post them in here. I bolted them right back into the original bolts. Did you make any modifications between bracket and frame mounting?? I just bolted them right up.

I already tried having my pops lift up on one side with them loose while I tighten then today I lifted the other side with a jack and tightened that side down but what then it looks like the pics I finally posted so I'm not sure how to make it come up. Right now it only wants to "angle" up instead of staying flat and lift straight up...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the old bumper was still straight I dont see how the frame woulda been bent, if you cant get it lined up with the bolts on the bumper or by loosening the bolts you can woller out the holes on the brackets a lil where it mounts on the frame to allow some movement
Yeah Good point bro. I was thinking about wollowing out the holes on the bracket where it bolts to the frame. Wollowing it out at the bottom of the hole so that I get more adjustment upwards if that makes sense. I know Tyler said he did some type of modification wollowing it out so maybe that's the difference I'm getting. Bout to go take picz.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'd woller 1 hole out where it mounts at the frame if needed then 2 level the bumper if needed u could woller 1 hole there and have it level

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well see man the bumper IS level...It's just 2" too low and level...I'm thinking if I wollered out the bolt holes that are on the bracket at the bottom. All 4 holes (2 on each side) and wollered at the bottom of the hole that would give me some lift, just not sure how much it'd give me. That inner bracket coming off the frame that tyler was talking about isn't even an issue with mine because I need to go up, where as he needed to go down so it was blocking it from going down...

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Hmmm, if you wollered the holes so you could lift the bumper and rotate it up you may be able to make up for the difference but ur bumper would be pointed up

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would you think it'd be pointed up? Right now all It will do is point up when I lift it because those bolts are kind of tight..I figured if I wollerd all 4 bolt holes I could get some actual lift...The thing is it needs to come up a good bit and there's not even that much room on the bracket to "wollow" as much as I need...