NBS cluster in OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I've been having all sorts of problems with my cluster and HVAC lights when I tried to put LED's in the HVAC, it blew a small puff of smoke and I smelt a burning smell. SO, none of the cluster or HVAC lights work right now and I have no idea why. I'm about fed up with my stock closter and I'd love to put one from a NBS into my truck although I'd be keeping the 95 computer, and my same 350 TBI motor. Is it possible to do this? I want to do it but only depending on how high on the PITA scale this rates....Knowing my luck lately, It would just cause me more problems but I'd love to do it if any of you can give me some information bout' it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a little reading (which I should have done in first place) umm It seeming as though I would have to swap a 5.3 or 6.0 engine harness in order to do the cluster correct? It's all about that wiring harness...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything is possible, but yes running an ls motor and harness would certainly be easier.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
new motor, trans, harness, headers, cam, aluminum heads, chip and shift kit will definitely fix your problem... is there any chance you have wires rubbing somewhere or a solder joint making contact with something its not supposed to?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If only I knew how. Going to attempt to replace the entire HVAC controls along with the circuit board behind it. It should be all one piece. Does anyone know how the HVAC actually comes out? I don't want to break anything.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay yeah I know how to get the radio out easy, but the HVAC looked a little intimidating because the tabs, if they're there are not visible.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp I just got it out. I went to get my buddies HVAC controls out of his loaner truck but it's a 96+ so it had the same face HVAC but the circuit board/controls/plugs were completely different. He has the t1.5 bulbs, and I have the 74s....Where can I get the HVAC face/circuit board??? I'd rather order it brand new than go to a junk yard.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn I found them @ Ckrestoration from $150-200 but it's not giving a good description and the pictures aren't clear if it includes the circuit board w/ 74's...Plus they're $150-200...Jesus.