Mystery Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Found a cut wire under my dash. Looks like solid blue with no stripe but not 100% sure. It's cut right below/behind the cluster and exits the firewall to the left of the pedals. Enters some wire looming with a few other wires and travels down the driver side frame rail past the gas tank (I believe) and ends up at the rear bumper as far as I can tell, where it is also cut.

I'm thinking part of trailer harness wiring but that's just a guess. Anybody know?

You must be registered for see images attach

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I don't know why you would have one, but maybe a brake controller? Can't remember how many wires those are going back though.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think there's a blue and a red wire for a tailer brake controller IIRC

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I don't know why you would have one, but maybe a brake controller? Can't remember how many wires those are going back though.

I think there's a blue and a red wire for a tailer brake controller IIRC

blue is the wire for the trailer brake runs from controller to plug for trailer

Brake controller...

Thanks guys, I'm not too worried about it then. Really don't know why that wire would be there though; never had a brake controller unless the PO installed one between '99 and '02. :shrug:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe that 96 and up were all prewired from the factory. There should be a blue and an orange running together.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
my 95 is wired for one I believe...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Once upon a time, someone had a trailer brake controller in your truck.

Those wires are normally int he engine bay and you have to drill a hole to bring them inside.

You can also see someone have removed the controller by snipping the wire off...

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 89 has a red and blue wire from the driver side inside fender to the back by the license plate lights both ends are cut. I always just figured it was a brake controller but never seen any mounting spots in the cab.